Its About Changing Lives -Interview with Dr. Gershom Sikaala
1. Please could you tell us about your background and how it leads to the work you do today? I am an inventor, mentor & entrepreneur. I am passionate about building a leadership mentality, teaching people to lead and improve themselves so they can lead others and consequently help others cultivate and use their own talents and gifts.I help people discover their gifting through my mentorship program. Because I come from a background where mentorship was unheard of, I know it’s value. My mentorship program digs out the gold in people.
2. How would you describe your work to someone who hasn't seen it before?
Many people are book smart. I try to help people marry book smartness with intuitions that are God Given. I learned more about intuitions when I watched how people who have no secular education use their intuitions to sustain themselves, improve their livelihoods.
3. Who else is behind your ministry? The invisible influence upon my life has been the Holy Spirit, and I have surrounded myself with wise people. There is wisdom in surrounding oneself with people that can sharpen you and be an eyeopener for new insight to keep growing and improving oneself. The right people are like a wall of fire around someone, the wrong people will break that wall of protection.
4. What or who has been the biggest singular influence on your work? I have had the privilege of walking with, and learning from great men. Sadly many of them are no longer with us because I met them when they were 80 and 90 years old . These men greatly influenced and are still influencing my life and work. When I was 9 years old I had a vision of Jesus, he has been my greatest and biggest singular influencer. He loved and equipped people, inspiring them so that they become a better version of themselves. He wanted people to prosper in every area of their lives. I like journeying with people into self discovery, breaking limitations and limiting mindsets, and ultimately coming to a place of significance and finding happiness.
5. Faith in times of crisis. Due to Covid, how do you think people and governments are perceiving ‘GOD’? Covid has brought a new perspective about the value of life. I have been an ambassador of peace, hope and saving lives. It is important for everyone to know that in the midst of this chaos there is hope and light in this world. People need to know that they are not alone in this fight, there is a higher power from above that is able to save. I have prayed for the saving hand to intervene in the midst of misery, pain and hopelessness. Acts of kindness and love are what bring a miracle of change. I greatly encourage governments and leaders to look to God.
6. Could you tell us about your latest book ? I wrote that book to encourage and inspire people at the onset of the covid pandemic. Many people were very downtrodden, depressed and feeling immense hopelessness. I'm glad to have written a book (LOOK AT GOD) #1 Amazon bestseller, that has been therapeutic to many people.
7. Where can people find more about you and your new product? My latest project is a fragrance called “Wonderful favor” you can learn more about it by visiting www.wonderfulfavor.com I got together with the best perfumists in Burbank, California, and San Francisco. We carefully came up with a high-end fragrance that was carefully curated. In this day and age when things are so hard, and poverty is rampant, I wanted to create a fragrance that would uplift people’s spirits and moods, while making them feel better, smell better and live better. For every bottle sold, We will give toward poverty eradication. Global Charity is dedicated to helping eradicate poverty here in LA, in our cities, states, and globally. Global charity recently participated in 1dayLA freedom experience, love movement. The unprecedented movement offered communities across Los Angeles, California hope and help by organizing city beautification projects, back to school events, free medical clinics, homeless assistance, and aid distribution. Dr. Gershom and global charity initiative are no strangers to skid row and other homeless encampments in SOCAL. He and his team had an amazing experience, doing something they normally do with like minded individuals.